At the same time that occurred iOS Release 4.3 for iPhone 4, iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 3G, iPod touch 4G and iPad 1 (iPad 2 version comes with preloaded).
Apple also released the latest software version Apple TV 4.2, which complements the improvements already incorporated into iOS 4.3 in terms of AirPlay . But these are not the only improvements incorporated into the system, but they have built so many interesting
- MLB.tv lets us see the games of the American baseball league, both live and on pay per view. Access to statistics, bookmarks …
- NBA, we can access all data and ratings, and if we subscribe to the Season Pass broadband, we can watch games live or file.
- AirPlay for applications, which allows output from iOS 4.3 on iPhone, iPod Touch or IPAD, video and sound from any application that implements it and the roll of film and the Safari browser.
- NetFlix in Dolby Digital 5.1, supporting the audio format for both movies and TV series.
- New slideshow themes, such as Scrapbook , Photo Mobile or Holiday .
- Improved screen keyboard, completely redesigned to be more practical and easy to handle.
- Time zone selection in the settings of the device.
- Selecting the type of HDMI output and can be selected manually YCbCr, RGB High and RGB Low.
- Improvements in the speed of sync with the iTunes library through Home Sharing.
The update takes about 330MB and it takes several minutes to install once downloaded, as we have in this extensive report on developments .
Reeling off a little the two major services of the baseball league and the NBA, saying that access to paid content from the NBA is limited only to the U.S., while the YES League Baseball is available in all countries where is available movie rentals. If we are fans of this sport for a subscription of 20 to $ 30 per month we can access the live matches and pay per view events, all through streaming .
Looking at the two applications, both the NBA and the MLB, we can see the great potential of a device like the Apple TV’s second generation, which have done nothing to take its first steps.