How to roll back iOS 7 firmware to iOS 6 [Guide] -
If you are one the users that installed the iOs 7 beta 1 and decided for some unknown reason to go back to your previous firmware version, this guide has been put together to help you. Improper installation or after iOS 7, you need developer account and you do not know what to do. And maybe in the survey, “Do you like the design of iOS 7?” Sided with the minority and just want to bring back the good old iOS 6. No problem! Just follow these steps.
How to downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6:
1. Make a backup device – using iTunes or iCloud!
2. Download the iOS 6.1.4 for the iPhone 5 or iOS 6.1.3 for iPhone 4S / 4, or iPod touch.
3. In iTunes, go to the menu of the device and in the Overview tab, click:
- For Windows users: Shift on the keyboard + screen button Update
- For Mac users: Option key on your keyboard + Screen Refresh button
4. Choose a product downloaded iOS 6.1.4 or iOS 6.1.3 and wait until the firmware installed on your device.
Attention! If the firmware update failed, and something went wrong, you can always enter the device into DFU mode (hold the button for 3 seconds “Power”, without releasing the button we press «Home» 10 seconds, release the “Power”and hold the “Home” another 20 seconds) and do recovery on iOS 6. It is for this case and must be done a backup of the data.