In the past we let them know the availability of the solution known as jailbreak Dreamboard for computers which allows applying different designs of topics (themes) which modify the iOS interface. A new theme available in Cydia to modify your iPhone or iPod Touch interface to emulate the new Windows 8 offered Microsoft.Metroon (available on Cydia for $1.50) is an amazing theme for Dreamboard which brings the interface of Windows 8 Metro UI on your iPhone or iPod Touch. After installing, the iOS receives it with the famous “tiles” Windows 8, but this amendment goes further than just a new paint.
Metroon add the following ingredients to iOS:
- Charms menu style to Windows 8
- Search button in the menu Charms
- Settings button in the menu Charms
- Notifications style to Windows 8
- Lockscreen style to Windows 8 with notification information and music control
- “Tile” Desktop which leads him to regulate the iOS interface
- List of applications available to Windows 8 style
- Ability to add a tile of your favorite application to the Start Menu Metroon
- Ability to change the Username
- Ability to change the colors of the interface Metro
As you can see, the mission is to experience Metroon similar as possible to Windows 8 on your computer with IOS. Unfortunately this version is designed to work on screens with dimensions of 3.5 “, so that makes it incompatible for the iPad.
If you are interested in playing with this, first install Dreamboard if not already done so following the instructions in this article and then do the following:
Step 1: First install the solution require iDevice. For this, we enter Cydia.
Step 2: After entering the search section (SEARCH).
Step 3: Enter the text: “Metroon” and select the solution among the results.
Step 4: Press the INSTALL button, followed by the CONFIRM button.